CUPL 2023 Chinese Government Scholarship – “High Level Postgraduate” Program
I Supporting Categories, Duration and Instruction Language
1. Supporting Category.
This scholarship only supports postgraduate students (Master & Ph.D.).
This scholarship only supports master’s students for no more than 3 academic years or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years.
3. Instruction Language
Scholarship normally offers Chinese-taught program, but English-taught program is available for International Law (Master & Ph.D.), Comparative Law (Master & Ph.D.), and Civil Law (Master).
II Scholarship Coverage
The program provides both full scholarships and partial scholarships. Full Scholarship covers tuition waiver, accommodation fee, stipend, comprehensive medical insurance. Partial scholarship covers one or some items of the full scholarship.
University provides free accommodation, or provides accommodation fee, with standard of:
l Undergraduate students (preppies), master’s students (general scholars): CNY 700 per month;
l Doctoral students (senior scholars): CNY 1,000 per month.
l Undergraduate students: CNY 2,500 per month;
l Master’s students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month;
l Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month.
Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive stipend from university each month. Students registering on or before the 15th of the month will receive a full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15th of the month will receive half of stipend of that month. Graduating students will receive stipend until half month after the graduation date. If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days due to a personal reason (school holidays excluded), his or her stipend will be stopped during leaving.
III Where and When to Apply
Where to Apply
Apply to CUPL, with agency code 10053, scholarship category B.
When to Apply
The applicants will need to complete the online application process via the CSC Information Management System before 15th January 2023 (no need to upload pre-admission letter at this stage).
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
2. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
l be a bachelor’s degree holder and no more than 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
l be a master’s degree holder and no more than 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
3. Language requirements:
l Applicants to the Chinese Teaching postgraduate program are only eligible to apply if their Chinese language proficiency is at least HSK4.
l Applicants to the English Teaching program are required to provide proof of English language proficiency, such as TOEFL or IELTS. Applicants who are unable to provide proof of standardized English language testing are required to provide proof of English language instruction for their previous degree studies. Applicants whose mother language is English are exempt from providing proof of English language proficiency as described above.
l Applicants should fulfill the admission requirements for both academic ability, language ability and other aspects required by the university.
V Application Procedure
Step 1 - Complete the online application procedure at CSC Information Management System for International Students (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and download the soft copy. Please check attachment No.1 for system instructions.
Step 2 - No need to submit separate application via CUPL portal and no need to mail hard copy of your application documents to CUPL.
Step 3 - CUPL will assess the application based on the documents submitted on the CSC Information Management System for International Students.
Step 4 - CUPL will list out the candidates for the Chinese Government Scholarship recipients, and issue the pre-admission letter.
Step 5 - Those applicants who receive pre-admission letter are required to upload it to the CSC Information Management System for International Students on time.
NOTE: Only applications of recommended candidates from designated Chinese universities will be considered by CSC.
Please check attachment No.2.
VII Application Documents
Please check attachment No. 3 for documents list.
1. Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school.
2. Those who have graduated, must submit the original copy of graduation certificate and degree certificate, and the original copy of the notarization/legalization of the certificates. Documents mentioned above in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with Chinese or English translations accordingly (please check example in attachment No.4).
3. The passport should be valid later than 31 December 2023.
4. Uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use a professional device to scan the relevant documents. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials.
VIII Scholarship Confirmation
1. University reviews the application documents and nominates candidates.
2. Nominated candidates will get Chinese Government Scholarships to study in China after getting approval of the CSC.
3. CSC reserves the rights to decide the host university for scholarship recipients with multiple offers. Each scholarship recipient—even when admitted by multiple universities—will be granted no more than one scholarship.
4. Scholarship recipients shall not allow to change their host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the Admission Letter after their coming to China.
5. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
6. Chinese Government Scholarship students are not allowed to enjoy other scholarships (excluding all kinds of one-time incentives) established by the Chinese government at all levels and the accepted institutions. Once discovered, the Chinese Government scholarship will be cancelled and the Chinese Government scholarship will be returned. Those who deliberately conceal their financial assistance will not be allowed to apply for Chinese government scholarships within three years, except for the cancellation of their qualifications.
IX Contact information of CSC
Website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org
Address: Division of International Students Affairs, China Scholarship Council, Level 13, Building A3, No.9 Chegongzhuang Avenue, Beijing, P.R China
X Contact information of CUPL
Responsible department: School of International Education
Tel and Fax: (86-10) 58908240 or (86-10) 58908341